SVS has the world class physical infrastructure and manpower, equipment to make student life comfortable and convenient at the classroom and the campus.
FACILITIES – MEDICINE
Clinical Examination Rooms equipped with a patient encounter:
- Examination Bed
- Clinical Settings
- Medical Equipment & Supplies- . Stethoscope, ophthalmoscope, sphygmomanometer, high-fidelity physiological mannequins.
- Simulation Rooms/Procedure Labs/ORs –equipped with :Equipment and supplies needed for medical simulations (e.g. syringes, catheters, IV poles, IV fluids and lines, simulated blood bags, surgical drapes, gloves, gowns).
- Around 1.90 lac sft construction which includes all pre- clinical depts. Like Anatomy, Physiology , Biochemistry, microbiology, Pharmacology , forensic and also community and medicine dept.
- The anatomy dept has an excellent museum and excellent dissection hall for the benefit of the students.
- IN addition we have 4 modern class room with overhead projectors and also an auditorium with a capacity of 1000 students.
FACILITIES – DENTAL
The Dental Sciences Building is spread over 2 lakh sft and includes dental outpatient clinics, postgraduate and specialty clinics, offices for dental faculty, seminar rooms, and teaching and research laboratories.
It comes well –equipped with modern diagnostic aids and sophisticated radiographic equipment. A well equipped clinical Prosthodontic and Pathology lab is attached to this department where routine Homological and various pertinent investigations are carried out for the different diagnosis, treatment plan and surgical management.
Special care is laid out for infection and cross infection control. The College has a central sterilization facility in the vicinity besides chair side and clinical side sterilization in order to ensure and safeguard the quality of treatment extended to the patients.
There Dental Material Lab trains the students’ vitro analysis of manipulation of variables of various materials used in the profession and forms the Foundation base of dentistry. This Lab contains workstations, a demonstration bench, and a fully functional dental unit with storage rooms.
The Lab equipment includes four bench-mounted lathes, eight model trimmers, and a variety of small equipment such as electric hand pieces, drimmel tools, vacuum formers and vibrators. There is also a state-of-the art Ceramics lab attached to the Material Lab.
The Dental Clinic designed to maximize infection control procedures consists of dental cubicles with ADEC patient chairs that come with side delivery systems. There is an isolated Infection Control area that enables to clean, wrap, sterilize and store dental instruments and supplies.
There are special X -ray machines like the intra- oral x-ray tube heads and the digital panoramic unit attached to a darkroom with automatic processors.
FACILITIES – NURSING
For Students of B.Sc Nursing
SVS has a special nursing hostel right across the Hospital – 4 blocks spread over 50,000sq, ft. equipped with basic furniture.
Diploma in Nursing
The campus is located on 12,000 sqft of well spread out building premises. This is located close to the hospital – the source of all practical training in this course.
FACILITIES – LIFE SCIENCE
Life sciences courses are conducted in the Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry and pharmacology departments spread over 4 blocks of the medical college spread over 50,000 sft